2021 Year End Giving Guidelines
Contributions to Saint Luke’s Episcopal Church are tax deductible as allowed by law. Maximum tax benefits depend on timing. Please consider these important guidelines and reminders regarding giving to Saint Luke’s in 2021. Your continued contributions will be appreciated.
2021 YEAR-END GIVING GUIDELINES
- IRS rules recognize a contribution on the day of delivery. For contributions to be deductible for 2021, they must meet one of the following criteria:
— By Mail: Postmarked on or before December 31, 2021.
— Hand-Delivery: Received in the Finance office by noon, December 31, 2021. Any gifts dropped off after the office is closed will be treated as 2022 gifts.
- Online Giving: Utilize our secure online giving option. Please visit www.saint-lukes.com, choose Pledge Online on the blue banner, and enter your pledge information. To contribute online, choose Pledge Online, then Give Online, and go to Secure Giving to log into your existing account or register as a new user.
- Stock Transfer: Electronic fund transfers must be received in Saint Luke’s brokerage account by 11:59 pm on Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2021. Please consult with your financial advisor and initiate your transfer early. While some transfers may be received within days of your instructions, longer delays are possible, especially at year-end. For example, mutual funds generally take much longer to transfer than individual stocks. Please contact the Finance Department for Saint Luke’s brokerage account information.
- Tax situations vary. There have been changes in the tax law. We encourage you to consult with your tax or financial advisor regarding any charitable donations or gifts.
- The address for mailing, shipping, or hand-delivery of your check:
Saint Luke’s Episcopal Church
3736 Montrose Road
Birmingham, AL 35213
- Please note that any gifts given via online bill payment services are dated on the actual date your bank transmits or otherwise removes the funds from your account, NOT on the date that you schedule or submit the transaction.
- Please note on the memo line which account you are supporting: 2021 Pledge, Capital Campaign, prepaid 2022 Pledge, Memorial, etc.
Thank you for your continued generous support of Saint Luke’s Episcopal Church. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Finance Department at the contact information below.
Camille Browning 205.802.6201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Fowler 205.802.6216 or email@example.com